Felicia’s client had 17 misc trims that they needed to update from black baffles to white baffles. The 17 trims would add about $200 to the bottom line so we volunteered to see how well we’d be able to whiten the rings and change the color of the inner baffles. 6 cans of high temperature white paint and a little elbow grease they turned out better than new because they won’t fade to yellow like new plastic rings will. Here is what we did:
- Disassemble the trims by separating the trim rings, the baffles and the springs.
- Washing in soap and water each part to remove the dirt, and any loose parts
- Dry thoroughly
- Apply high temp white paint in as many coats as necessary, 6 in our case.
- Let the paint dry thoroughly
- Reassemble and install trims
For $25 and 2 hours labor you’ve got better than new trims.